Urban Nature Retreat CIC
Urban Nature is an animal & nature therapy centre located in Bathgate, West Lothian. Within this centre we will Provide educational therapy for children, adults and the elderly, with or without social & complex needs.
Designed with child centred & child lead play in mind, as well as using the therapeutic advantages that animal, gardening & working with nature provide.
Urban Nature is a CIC (Community Interest Company) not for profit.
An educational centre working alongside local authorities providing qualifications through Asdan , helping close attainment gap & work experience to vulnerable children & adults
We will also have a specially designed after school care club for children with additional needs schools in West Lothian in the near future
- To create a calm environment for clients to relax and enjoy our animals and nature therapy.
- To help gain life & social skills as well as boosting confidence.
- To work with local additional needs schools & mainstream schools also local organisations & authorities to develop a core working practice certificate course in animal husbandry & wildlife maintenance.
- To create an environment that parents & carers feel safe & relaxed about leaving their child but also a place where parents feel comfortable staying and creating stronger and new bonds with children without the stress of home issues.
- To create a space for the elderly to come and relive their childhood from collecting chicken eggs to building dens, our centre will be specially designed that people of all ages and needs can enjoy the benefits that our unique environment can bring.